Total Quality Management is the guided tour along the road to total quality, when adequately and successfully implemented enables companies to serve their customers better and gain competitive advantage in the market place.
The course will enrich your understanding of TQM concept and techniques for managing, controlling and improving quality needed for continuous improvement of organizations.
Participants will gain confidence in making TQM decisions, learn how to lead your organization in transforming itself into a TQM driven team and will able to determine how to support cultural change and how to create an organizational climate where people become self-motivated for continuous improvement in their organization.
Who Should Attend
- Senior and middle managers who are involved in making and implementing strategic decisions
- Management representatives
- Managers and engineers who wish to implement TQM and improve team building and team coaching skills
- New and experienced people in quality who want to use the QM framework
What Will You Learn
Upon course completion, participants will be able to;
- Realize the importance of quality models;
- Understand various quality concepts;
- Understand TQM philosophy;
- Communicate the importance of customer focus TQM;
- Apply TQM improvement tools to enhance customer satisfaction and improve processes;
- Ability to implement the TQM approach in an organizations for continuous quality improvement;
- Ability to advise management for the TQM-approach development.
Evolution of TQM
- Historical development;
- Definitions of quality;
- Understanding TQM;
- The Quality Management System;
- The Quality movement;
- TQM concept and system;
- The Cost of Quality (COQ).
TQM Principles & Strategies
- Customer focus, Process improvement and Total involvement;
- Quality management strategies.
The Quality Movement
- Contributes of the quality gurus (Shewhart, Deming, Juran, Crosby, Ishikawa and Tuguchi);
- Zero Defects (ZD);
- Kaizen System;
- Poke-Yoke (Shingo).
TQM Tools & Techniques
- Seven tools of quality;
- New tools;
- Statistical quality control;
- Taguchi methods;
- Quality function deployment;
- Quality Circles;
- Just in Time (JIT).
- Managing key processes, Steps in process improvement;
- Measuring process improvements, and performance measures;
- Benchmarking for TQM;
- Quality Management System - ISO 9000 series;
- Global Quality and International Quality Awards - Baldridge, Deming Prize, ohers
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
There is a written test at the end of Day 3 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the TQM examination will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent". Certificate of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test + Certification Card from Quality Academy
Experienced Accredited and Registered Lead Auditors
04 day / 32 hrs
09.00am : 05.00pm
4-5 Stars Hotels (Cairo & Alexandria)
Fees for Public Courses
EGP 2500 / EGP 2375* / EGP 2250** per person
Includes refreshments, lunch and training course notes
* Early Bird Price is offered to all enrolment made one month prior to the course
** Discount is offered to Quality Academy certified clients or for groups of 3 or more