Supply Chain Management today is the outcome of an evolution process that took place over 6 decades. Probably, most of enterprises in our transitional economies have not acquired much of the experience originated from such evolution. The real challenge for our supply chain and logistics managers is not only to apply the standard understanding of supply chain management, but as well to bridge the Digital-Divide gap rooted in the cultural, structural and organizational environment. Such challenges extend from the high level process of developing supply chain integration strategy and managing its inter-relationships with both suppliers and customers to the operational level processes covering: requirements planning, purchasing execution and management of inventory, transportation and warehouses.
This Supply Chain Logistics Management course goes beyond the traditional study of logistics management – intended as the science and practical management of the supply of materials – to focus on examining and understanding the various steps which may help our enterprises master the Logistics in the Supply Chain, as well as to bridge that Digital-Divide gap in order to efficiently integrate into international supply chains.
- Understand globalization forces.
- Grasp logistics strategic and operational issues.
- Use information technology to integrate the organization, its customer and suppliers.
- Address cultural, structural and organizational barriers relevant to developing economics.
- Explains how internal and external integration are necessary to add value to the logistics and supply chain, increase responsiveness (with reduced cost), improve quality and enhance delivery.
- Focuses on the importance of developing strategic relationships and alliances with commercial partners and
strengthening the necessity of sound, reliable top-down but also bottom-up information system.
- Underlies how crucial it is for enterprises to respond with agility and adaptability to their customers’ needs and align accordingly so that they improve their performance.
- Help in grasping economic, political, managerial and operational issues relating to both supply chain and
logistics, with special focus on cultural, structural and organizational barriers relevant to developing economics.
- Addresses the information technology and reviews future trends for supply chain management
1.0 Supply Chain From Evolution to Revolution
1.1 21st century SC
1.2 Customer accommodation
1.3 Operational Integration
2.0 eveloping Supply Chain Logistics Strategies
2.1 Logistics & supply chain Strategy
2.2 Lean production, Just-in-Time and Agile supply chain
2.3 Lean Logistics
2.4 Supply chain strategy and performance objectives
2.0 Developing Supply Chain Logistics Strategies
2.5 Developing supply chain strategies
2.6 Supply chain structures
2.7 Summary of Developing Supply Chain logistics Strategies
3.0 Customer Value in the Supply Chain
3.1 Significance of customer value
3.2 Customer service
3.3 Pricing, Cost and profit issues
3.4 Summary of Customer Value in the Supply Chain
4.0 Supply Chain Logistics Operations
4.1 Drivers in Logistics Systems & Supply Chains
4.5 Summary of Supply Chain Operations
5.0 IT in Supply Chain
5.1 Information Within Supply Chain
5.2 Handling supply chain information
5.3 Assessing supply chain applications & technology
5.4 Summary of IT in Supply Chain
6.0 Supply Chain Logistics Administration
6.1 Organization & relationship Mgt
6.2 Performance & Financial assessment
6.3 Dimensions of Change
6.4 Summary of Supply Chain Logistics Administration
7.0 Course Summary
7.1 Summary of Supply Chain Logistics Course
Who Should attend:
This is interactive training course with about 40% exercise sessions. It is intended for developing the knowledge and enhancing skills of the executives, professionals, managers & directors who are involved in developing supply
chain strategies, and those who have hands-on logistics operational functions covering Planning, Sourcing, Making and Delivery.
5 days / 40 hrs
09.00am : 05.00pm
Hotels (Cairo & Alexandria)
for Public Courses
EGP 3000 / EGP 2850* / EGP 2750** per person
Includes refreshments, lunch and training course notes
* Early Bird Price is offered to all enrolment made one month prior to the course
** Discount is offered to Quality Academy certified clients or for groups of 3 or more