IEMS - Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
Duration: 10 days (Top Up-5 days for NEBOSH Environmental Cert.); Click here for Dates / Prices.
The IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management covers:
- Practical ways in which an organisation can reduce its impacts, both strategically and operationally
- Key environmental legislation and the relationships between UK, EC and international law
- The design and implementation of processes to assess, interpret and manage environmental performance
The IEMA Associate Certificate is designed to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners by assessing their knowledge and understanding of environmental management and its application. It is aimed at those people who have a basic understanding of environmental issues and want to expand their knowledge and understanding.
The IEMA Associate Certificate meets the requirements for Associate Membership of the Institute of Environment Management and Assessment (AIEMA); the first year's subscription is included in your course fees
The IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management covers
- Introduction to environmental issues
- Background to environmental law
- Controls on the emissions to atmosphere
- Environmental management systems
- The water environment
- Land use and contamination
- Environmental nuisance
- Hazardous materials management
- Framework for managing environmental impacts
- Producer responsibility
- Environmental communications
The assessment for the IEMA Associate Certificate comprises a multiple-choice exam, which can be completed online, and a short coursework assignment.